Welcome to Dawn Michelle Creations!

Welcome to Dawn Michelle Creations!

Welcome to our little studio where you will feel that you are more than a client, you are our friend and most importantly, someone that shares our passion.

We service the entire Dallas / Fort Worth metroplex and Southern Oklahoma. Sessions can be scheduled at a location of your choice, your home, or we can suggest a few places.

To learn more about our sessions, packages, and gifts, visit us on the web at http://www.dawnmichellecreations.net.

Wednesday, September 18, 2013

From Cancer Victim ... to Survivor

I am a Survivor

 
 
In January of 2012, I had the opportunity to be the keynote speaker at the opening ceremony
for the American Cancer Society's Relay for Life Grayson County team. I wrote the poem below
and read it at the end of my talk. Numerous copies of the poem were printed and placed on card
stock and given out for donations.
 
My Relay For Life
Regret, as I hear “You have cancer” – the dreaded “C” word
Effects of treatments – physically and mentally a challenge
Life changing - physically, emotionally, and financially
Always waiting for results after treatments and tests
Yearning for remission; hoping for the “finish” line

Filled with lots of drama, tears, anxiety, & sleepless nights
Onward I fight with all that I have; surrounded by love
Remain strong and keep positive; never give up hope

 
Living a healthier life; whole grains, raw organic veggies
In remission; now cancer free; prevention is the key
Forever a survivor; a life changed – a better me
Every day I’m still alive is a gift; I will live it to the fullest

                                       - by Dawn Lauridsen, January 16, 2012
Relay For Life events are life-changing cancer fundraising
events that help communities across the globe fight back against
 

No comments:

Post a Comment